We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Materials professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Purchasing Officer you are responsible for executing, completing and ordering all daily allocated and authorized purchase requests and order in line with hotel and storerooms needs, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Complete all administrative procedures concerning allocated requests and orders
• Select best price quotations, ensure best quality for all received orders upon order allocation confirmation
• Query and clarify any concerns regarding received purchase requests data, concerning description, units, quantities and specifications directly with the initiating department
• Coordinate with buyers on all matters concerning allocated requests, best practices to process (quotes) and complete (delivery) within logical time period
• Check and ensure that all approved and authorized purchase orders are timely forwarded (faxed or delivered) to the concerned vendors
• Review and update all personally entered (locked) price quotations, supplier’s data and date validity
• Interact with vendors for new products available in the market to serve as possible alternatives for used products, inform concerned and request samples for onward testing purposes and provide proof that product is of same quality, but better price
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should be ideally having a bachelor degree with previous experience in Materials within a multi national group. Command of an international computer purchasing system software & previous Middle East experience are an essential. Good command of written and spoken English is a must, knowledge of Arabic language is an added benefit.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be an analytical, pragmatic thinker with the ability to set policies and procedures. You are able to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment and maintain a fair, consistent set of standards. You are proactive and flexible, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results